Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Review of Reviewers

Now some of you scitsophrenic images of my subconcious have been wondering why I feel I can review things without any history of being an expert on anything. Let me assure you, it has nothing to do with the fact that I think I'm better than everyone, it's because I feel I can help those who put themselves out there, and what better way to do that, than to review my collegues on their choice of proffesion. This is my

Don't they look happy?


 First off is THE NOSTALGIA CRITIC. He remembers it so we don't have to... and god does he like reminding us. I mean, I know it's a catch phrase, but if you're going to guilt trip us about it every time we watch your shows we can always stop. Some of us got away from home for that. Other than the catch phrase though, I do like the guy. He's funny, his reactions are great and he doesn't put too much emphasis on his reoccuring jokes. He's straight to the point, which is great for when you have to summarize an entire movie in 20-30 minutes. He was the first and the best at what he's been doing.

_____

Next up: LINKARA. Now, I'm a comic lover, and it's awesome that this guy reviews them. No one could really do it better. He gets the art of story telling, and all the good that can come from a well thought out sequence of panels. His joke collection is great too, and never is one overused.

Unfortunately he has one draw back, the line that he's drawn. Where all of the other great reviewers have the freedom to review a work, no matter their preconceived feeling about it, Linkara has blatantly said that he will not review something that he likes. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of making the effort to make a lot of reviews? If you're going to review only the bad things, you're not doing your job. You're supposed to be open enough and diverse enough to accept all things. I know I can always find a new joke about the Back to the Future series and it's one of my favorites. Another thing is his constant tie-ins and specials. Really, that's a great way to assure your fans will keep coming back, throw them into a story that they have no background in, and tell them to just deal with it.

FUCK YEAH, David Tennant!
_____

And finnaly Jeremy Jahns, he's not fucking around. I found this one awhile ago on a thing called the square. He's great for a laugh, and for when you really want to know what a movie is going to be like. Not overly opinionated, yet always gets his point across. I have to say that as far as his taste goes it's only different from mine !% of the time (and that's a pretty lenient 1%).
The one thing I don't like about him is that he you never know what his background is going to be. most of the time he has a red background, and he used to film his desk whenever he wasn't reviewing something. But now he has a blue background for everything else and has ditched his desk. I liked the dest, and it gave me some continuity in his process.

Anyway, all of these guys are great and I hope they keep it up (That doesn't mean that they don't have problems though, LINKARA!!)

So long, and have a happy lobotomy everyone,
-WW

No comments:

Post a Comment