Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rant #god knows what: God is simply a !@%^$[edited for your convenience]

So I noticed that I haven't updated in awhile. Perhaps it was the fact that my most recent post had a picture in it that has been recently 404'd from age. Maybe. Either way I would like to talk to you people about the first amendment, that little piece of paper that has made everyones life a living hell for the last two-hundred years.
So what is this magical amendment? The freedom of speach, press, and religion. Basically meaning you can say what you want when you want about who you want. But what's this? People have a problem with some of this? Yes, it will be no shock to some of you to find that many americans abuse this power, thus making it harder for the rest of us to say "Fuck the Government" without getting slapped in the face by the justice department.

As always, these political rants are fueled by a source stemming from my daily life. A recent classmate decided to break the silence in class by asking if anyone wanted to start a religious debate. He then pulled out some pro-creationism papers (because that's not creepy at all), and began reading them aloud. I have to admit they were funny and completely legit. But since we had a substitute instead of our usual business class nerd for a teacher, he was taken into the hall to get a stern talking to.

When he returned we were all kind of sad for him, but that was soon replaced with embarrasment because the kid had the nerve to state, loud and clear, "I wasn't aware that the First Amendment had been abolished."
Yes dear readers, this is a first in the (hopefully) long line of people who will be refered to as our Most Epic Face Palm's of the day; Because no word on the planet can express how dumb that was. My god man, I could feel the hot points that were that subs eyes on the back of his head, and I gotta tell you... it was toasty. This kid willingly put himself on a slab, and the rest of us were just waiting for somebody to shout "I smell a Supreme Court Case!"

Let me tell you all this, and hopefully you're listening. While the first amendment protects your right to say "God blows syphilitic goats," it also protects the religious fanactics when they say, "Shut the fuck up," and since they have gone to war for much less, please, for the love of our clown nosed god, shut the fuck up. There are enough exceptions to the first amendment for us to deal with as it is, we don't need you to set off the next Reich(I'm not even going to explain this one).


So dear readers, I think I have said enough. So as always, so long and have a happy lobotomy,
-Eliot Wolf

No comments:

Post a Comment